Thursday, March 25, 2010

Doing the Ditty

This isn't really blog-post material persay, but I just wanted to confess to you Dod that I oftentimes find myself in the gym bored of my ipod mix and I think, hmm, why not see what is on Pandora.  Since you have a blueberry, I will explain:  You can stream Pandora directly to your iphone and listen to whatever station you like.  So I am looking through my recently searched stations and what do I see...90% rap artists of the 90's-2000's. Example of my station selections:  "JaRule Radio," "Jay-Z Radio," "Beyonce Radio," and most embarrassing "Southern Rap."  Sure I have a few acceptable choices (Kings of Leon, Jack Johnson...well those are my only 2 non-rap stations).  When will this 102 Jamz selection in my head end?  I realize it is odd to still dream of blasting these tunes from the Volvo with the sunroof down cruising, but that is some good music Dod!  Little Burl just reminded me of Paperboy's "The Ditty" and I am now off to download it to my ipod before heading to the gym.  Although Seth has a 20 page CD album of hits from this same time period, including Snoop Dog's nasty CD with that girl cartoon on it, he does not share my love of old rap.  Even that does not stop me.  If I have kids one day, I am going to buy those kid-friendly rap mixes and secretly blast it in my minivan when Seth isn't with me.  I bet my little big-headed future children will love to nod their heads to Country Grammar by Nelly...

No comments:

Post a Comment